The SAG Awards took place on Sunday in a one-hour pre-recorded broadcast. The 27th edition of the awards ceremony was a silent affair, with no red carpet and a virtual ceremony.
The surprise of the night was that the cast of the court drama “The Trial of the Chicago 7” took the highest honor. In this way Netflix was awarded for the first time the highest award of the Screen Actors Guild of Hollywood.
On the other hand, the film considered the favorite in the Oscar Award contest, Chloé Zhao’s “Nomadland”, was not nominated for best cast.
As has happened throughout the awards season, the best actor award went back to Chadwick Boseman for “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom.” Boseman, who died last August at age 43, had already set a record with four nominations in a single year.
SAG Awards for the best film performances
- Cast of “The Trial of the Chicago 7”.
- Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman for “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom.”
- Actress: Viola Davis for “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom.”
- Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya for “Judas and the Black Messiah.”
- Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-jung for “Minari.”
- Best stunt cast: “Wonder Woman for 1984.”
These were the best performances on television
- Cast of a drama series: “The Crown.”
- Best Actor in a Drama Series Jason Bateman for “Ozark.”
- Actress in a drama series: Gillian Anderson for “The Crown.”
- Cast of a comedy series: “Schitt’s Creek.”
- Actor in a comedy series: Jason Sudeikis for “Ted Lasso.”
- Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Catherine O’Hara for “Schitt’s Creek.”
- Actor in a limited series or movie made for TV: Mark Ruffalo for “I Know This Much is True.”
- Actress in a limited series or movie made for TV: Anya Taylor-Joy for “The Queen’s Gambit.”
- Best Doubles Cast: “The Mandalorian”
With information from The Associated Press