Sam Waisbren graphic video death leaked twitter full, Shows moment man crushed by elevator

One of every New Yorker’s worst nightmares occurred Thursday morning when a Kips Bay man was crushed to death by an elevator in his luxury high-rise as his terrified neighbors watched, authorities said.

To escape the crowded elevator, Sam Waisbren, 30, fell from the lobby into the darkness of the shaft below, but officials said he was pinned between the elevator car and the shaft wall.

graphic video

“While the elevator was still [moving down], the person was actually trying to get to the floor,” said a construction worker who witnessed the death and asked not to be named. “It was horrific.”

Just after 8:15 a.m., the horrific scene unfolding on the 23rd-story Manhattan Promenade Tower on Third Avenue near East 25th Street was captured on surveillance video exclusively obtained by The Washington Post.

The video showed the elevator door opening into the lobby as a woman waited, and a man with a backpack came out, then turned around as the elevator gave way, and Westbrunn and five others rushed down.

Weissbrunn shot instinctively at the elevator door frame with his right hand, trying to put his right leg on the debris on the hall floor, but was immediately subdued.

“His first reaction was to stretch out his arm . . . so he could get out,” the construction worker said. “That’s when the elevator took him down. You just don’t want to jump out of a moving car.”

Paramedics pronounced Wesbrunn dead at the scene.

“He was an amazing young man,” said his father, Charles Wesbrunn, who added that his son had moved to the Big Apple from their childhood home outside Milwaukee, where he worked in software sales. “He had millions of friends in New York. He was loved by everyone.

“After entering the basement, some people remained in the car,” said FDNY Deputy Commissioner Anthony Arpaia. “FDNY has to work really hard to move the car.”

As everyone else is free and clear, confusion gives way to problems.

While the city’s building authority, which has been investigating the incident, said the killer elevator had not been the subject of a formal complaint over the past decade, another elevator in the building was shut down a few months ago due to safety concerns.

“The door zone limiter has been tampered with,” said a May 29 public report of the breach in the official inspection. “It’s a safety device to keep elevator passengers safe.”

Following the inspection, the DOB issued a cease-and-desist order, but the building’s management company, ATA Enterprises, complied with the city inspector’s request and allowed until May 31 to lift the order.