Theodore John Conrad is dead? Obituary 2021 – cause of death

Theodore John Conrad appeared in Cleveland as a bank teller. Authorities said that at the end of his shift, the then 20-year-old man stole $215,000, stuffed it into a paper bag—and then disappeared. The U.S. Marshals Office said that in July 1969, he stole the equivalent of US$1.7 million in one of the largest bank robberies in the city today.

More than fifty years later, federal law enforcement agencies announced on Friday that it had determined that this man was considered one of the most wanted fugitives in the United States. Authorities say Conrad has lived in Boston under Thomas Randall since 1970. Another dramatic turning point is that his home is close to the filming location of the film “Thomas Crown Incident”. In the original movie, the protagonist stole more than $2 million from the Bank of Boston.

“One year before the Cleveland bank robbery, Conrad became obsessed with the 1968 Steve McQueen movie,” the U.S. Marshals Department said in a statement. “This movie is based on the sports bank robbery of a millionaire businessman. Conrad… brags to his friends how easy it is to get money from the bank.”

Conrad’s alleged robbery occurred on Friday. It was not until Monday that the bank knew that the money had been lost from the vault, when he did not go to work. Then the case was cold. For decades, investigators have searched for clues about Conrad’s whereabouts in various states including California, Hawaii, Texas, and Oregon.

His case has attracted much attention because of “the most wanted man in the United States” and “unsolved mystery”. After years of investigation, federal authorities traveled to Massachusetts last week to confirm that he lived a peaceful life in Boston under a fictitious name.

As part of the investigation, they compared his documents from the 1960s with the paperwork he completed in Randele’s name, including a bankruptcy petition filed in Boston Federal Court in 2014. The U.S. Marshals Service stated that he died of lung cancer in Linnfield, Massachusetts in May of this year. He is 71 years old.

One of the main investigators of the case was the U.S. Marshal Peter J. Elliott from northern Ohio, whose family lived near Conrad in the late 1960s. “This is a case I am very familiar with.

My father, John K. Elliott, retired from 1969 to 1990 and was a dedicated professional deputy American marshal in Cleveland,” he said. “My father never stopped looking for Conrad, and he wanted to close until his death in 2020.” The son said that some documents discovered by Elder Elliott played a role in confirming Conrad’s identity.

The young Elliott said: “I hope my father can relax after knowing his investigation today… Solve this decades-long mystery.” “Everything in real life is not always like in movies. It ends like that.”

Leave a Comment