The new Netflix series “Who Killed Sara?” It has all the makings of a good suspense thriller. It begins with a shocking death whose protagonists try to solve … or hide, depending on their interests.
After 18 years of unjust imprisonment, Alex Guzmán, played by Manolo Cardona, is released. All these years he has created the perfect plan to discover who killed his sister Sara (Ximena Lamadrid) and why the Lazcano family blamed him for the crime.
What Alex doesn’t know is that the search for evidence will lead him into more dangerous situations than he imagined. When he finds the real culprit, Alex will wish he hadn’t sought his revenge.
“Things are evolving, we are realizing what really happened,” says Alejandro Nones, who plays Rodolfo Lazcano.
“I really like the way this story is told, the coming and going, explaining things that happened. And I really like how you also have music and a collage of images at certain times ”, he adds.
“That narrative seemed very interesting and especially cool to see in Latin America,” he reveals.
Rodolfo is the eldest son of the Lazcanos, a wealthy family that owns casinos that moves their influence so that Alex blames himself for the murder. Rodolfo’s parents are quite controlling, especially the patriarch César, played by the Spanish actor Ginés García Millán.
With the commitment to follow in his father’s footsteps, Rodolfo continues with his life after Sara’s death, but time cannot take that weight off him.
“Guilt gnaws at him. He is 18 years of guilt, ”says Nones. “For not having the pants to make important decisions at the time it should have, definitely carrying that 18-year-old weight is extremely strong and terrible.”
If the series makes something clear, it is that the decisions one makes in youth can leave strong marks many years later.
Who Killed Sara? started recordings before the pandemic
- Production started before the COVID-19 pandemic but had to stop during the quarantine. But some time later they resumed and finished the first season.
- It is Netflix’s first Spanish-language series dubbed into eight languages: English, Portuguese, French, Italian, Turkish, Polish, Hindi, and German.
- The series features performances by Manolo Cardona, Ximena Lamadrid, Alejandro Nones, Claudia Ramírez, Carolina Miranda and Eugenio Siller.
- The production is in charge of Alexis Fridman and Juan Uruchurtu.
- The plot is the creation of the Chilean screenwriter and writer José Ignacio “Chascas” Valenzuela.
- It is not yet confirmed if there will be a second season.
With information from The Associated Press